FontForge comes with two scripting systems
- largely-regular Python and
an unnamed scripting language that uses the extension .PE.
While the documentation advices to prefer Python scripting where possible,
it is still nice to be able to read the existing PE scripts easier.
This User Defined Language for Notepad++ aids with that,
adding folding and syntax highlighting for built-in functions and variables of
the scripting language.
A collection of answers on identity subjects.
(mouseover/click to play GIF)
Script in action. See: Full-sized version; that wallpaper
If you have a display-less Wacom tablet (Wacom One/Intuos/etc.)
and a large enough monitor (or monitors),
mapping screen space to tablet can be a bit bothersome.
But that can be fixed.
My online multiplayer mod for Caveblazers was released last week!
You can download it via Steam
for free if you own the game.
This is a post about how that went.
Sometimes people ask me what programming languages I know / started with / have worked with in past,
so this is a small post about that that I could link later.
Finally getting to the important features
As you might have noticed, things are suddenly slightly different - the blog's design suddenly looks a little less 2012, big posts get a "table of contents" widget, and there's a dark theme switch!
In this post I take a look back on how my website originally came to life and how it changed over time. Continue reading
(artwork by Justin Chan)
So it has come to this - Nuclear Throne update 99 releases today! (also see AMA on subreddit)
For me it's even slightly more remarkable, as I did additional programming for this update.
This blog post outlines my involvement, changes, and answers some common questions.
This post is about modifying configuration files for Wacom drivers to have a Wacom One tablet function in portrait orientation despite the option not being exposed in configuration UI.
Update: apparently the same applies to Intuos and Bamboo product lines, likely for the entire "generation" of tablets using the same drivers.
Update 2: for One/Intuous, the newer version of driver (6.x) has these options exposed in UI.
Perhaps you've already heard that I've been recently developing a mod for the current version of Nuclear Throne. And not "just" a mod, but quite an impressing one:
Adds Steam-based online multiplayer support to the game.
That means invitations, public game list, and no port forwarding.
Easily record and review your runs to learn from mistakes.
Or even attempt to correct them by dropping into the game at any point of a replay.
Nuclear Throne never was a coop-centric game, and thus coop mode didn't receive enough attention, remaining ridden with various small bugs. This mod changes that, fixing pretty much every known issue, and giving coop some much-needed polish.
While fixing coop-related bugs is an obvious choice given the scope of the mod, I didn't stick to just that, and also fixed a handful of other issues with the game. Bugged "crown vaults"? Fixed. Game hanging in certain areas? Fixed. Occasional crashes during an intro to an important boss fight? Also fixed. The full list is long (200+ items) and available in the "readme" document.
So it works, it's nice, and you can download it right now.
Or continue reading on process and potential questions.
(live demo - compare scrolling speeds in Firefox)
For quite a while now, a thing that bugged me in Firefox was the inconsistent scrolling speeds across the pages. On some it would seem just fine, while on others you could have a list that scrolls at a ridiculously slow pace. My searches on the subject were inconclusive - while, of course, you can regulate the scroll speed via scripting, that definitely wasn't the case on all these pages.
The culprit, as it turns out, was pretty simple - while most of the browsers scroll the elements for an amount of (screen) pixels per key press or mouse wheel change, Firefox scrolls the elements based on the their font size. Which, on one hand, makes sense, but there's a catch - it's based only on the scrolling element's font size. Content' font sizes are ignored.
So that is why you get odd scrolling speeds - people most often set up styles for the actual content (paragraphs\labels\etc.) and not the scroller\container element.
Luckily, this also means that scrolling speeds can be adjusted easily - you change the container font-size to (100*X)%, and then add a rule to change it's child element sizes to (100/X)%: